It's highly advised that you wear a moisturizer on your face every day after washing your skin, even if your face is oily. This is because it balances your skin's pH, which can actually help combat severely oily skin. When it comes to choosing a moisturizer for your skin, you should consider these five tips:
- Know Your Skin Type: The first thing you need to know is what your skin type is. The best way to determine this is to visit a dermatologist, who will evaluate your skin in order to determine your exact skin type. On top of this, they can provide you with additional tips about what type of moisturizer is best for you.
- Get Sun Protection: When you purchase moisturizer, only consider those that have sun protection. It should have SPF 15 or higher. It should be higher if you have extremely fair skin. The reason for this is that the skin on your face is much more sensitive than anywhere else on your body. Without sun protection, you are more susceptible to wrinkles, not to mention health issues, such as skin cancer.
- Look for Enriched Products: Moisturizers that are enriched in Vitamin A or C are also beneficial for your skin. This is because these vitamins help reproduce collagen, which combats wrinkles and makes your skin stronger.
- Change Moisturizers With the Weather: When you shop for moisturizers, you should purchase ones that work well with the current weather. If you prefer a heavy moisturizer, which many people with oily skin do, you should purchase a lighter one during the summer when it gets really hot and humid. This is because thick moisturizers trigger breakouts.
- Don't Worry About Price: When it comes to purchasing moisturizers, you may believe that the more expensive ones are better quality. However, this isn't the case. This is because cosmetics are not as heavily regulated as food by the FDA, so prices don't truly reflect their quality. It's best to test moisturizers that are affordable for you until you find one that works well.
When you consider these five tips for choosing a facial moisturizer, you can be sure that you are always wearing a moisturizer that works well with your skin and does not cause skin issues in the future. Always be sure to consult with a dermatologist, such as those found at Heibel Dermatology, if you are having problems with finding the right moisturizer. They may be able to provide you with a prescription if your skin is too sensitive for the over-the-counter ones that are available.Share